Appeal online through our portal. Just enter your breach number and registration plate, then click “Search” and fill in the details.
If your ‘Breach No‘ begins with either numbers ‘7’ or ‘9’
e.g. ‘70000XXXX’ or ‘9000XXXX’
If your ‘Breach No‘ begins with the numbers ‘2’, ‘3’ or ‘4’
e.g. ‘20000XXXX’, ‘30000XXXX’ or ‘40000XXXX’
Appeal by post
You can post your appeal to the below address:
Parking Enforcement Services
PO Box 8290
Submitting an appeal
If you have been issued a breach notice and you wish to appeal it, you can apply to have it reviewed in accordance with our appeals process. Refer to the back of the breach notice or our reminder letter for information on how to appeal.
To enable us to make a timely and informed review, please:
- Submit your appeal in writing via this website or by post (see above)
- In your submission provide us with details relating to (i) why you believe the breach notice should not have been issued to you, and/or (ii) any matter you wish to raise concerning the circumstances of the breach.
- Ensure you include any evidence supporting your claims.
- Don’t forget to include your contact address with your appeal.
What happens next
Once we receive your appeal, the breach notice will be placed on hold until we can review and respond.
- If we need more information from you, our customer service team will respond to you in writing by email or post within five (5) working days of receiving your appeal requesting further information. You can submit your reply and any additional supporting evidence via the www.ebreach.co.nz website (please do not reply to the ‘no-reply’ email address).
- If you have provided us with sufficient information to complete the review, our customer service team will assess the appeal and notify you of the result in writing by email or post within five (5) working days of receiving (i) your appeal, or (ii) further information from you.
- If you have provided us with your email address, we will respond to your appeal via email using a ‘no-reply’ email address. We recommend that you check your junk or spam folder if it does not appear in your inbox within five working days.
- You can check the current status of your appeal at any time via the www.ebreach.co.nz website. If the appeal status is ‘Outstanding’ this means the account is on hold for review.
- If you do not receive a response to your appeal prior to the payment due date, feel free to contact us by telephone on 0800 727 536 (8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday) for information on how your appeal is progressing.
- For general enquiries relating to your breach notice, or if you are having trouble submitting an appeal via the website, please email our administration team [email protected] for further assistance.
Once your appeal has been reviewed
If your appeal has been successful, the breach notice will be withdrawn and you do not need to do anything else.
If your appeal has been unsuccessful, the breach notice will be upheld. You will need to pay the Breach Notice. The payment date is located on the Breach Notice.